Blooming Spring


The front door. 



I often tell people the hardest thing about running is getting out the front door.  The scent from the wisteria is sensationally heady. This Spring everything's bloomed at the same time. It's as if the house (we call Clarence) is trying it's best to make us feel safe and secure and give us hope.


 Who needs a flag pole when yo have Flag Iris



The Ceanothus. It was hear when we arrived so when I built the drive I worked around it.


Most years we have forty plus blooms of Red Hot Pokers


An old favourite Convolvulus Cneorum aka Silver Bush (no jokes please)

 
My self-bonsai'd Azalea. Each year I'm convinced it's its last but it keeps going.

   
Erysimum or posh variegated wall flower
And that was just the front garden! so now for
Ally Pally
Fliss with a Pieris Japonica in it's full redness behind. 


A bed of red white and blue forget-me-nots 

 
Horse Chestnut aka Conker tree

 
A white cherry in front of the BBC tower at Ally Pally

 
Primroses - my dad's favourite flower 


 Hampstead Heath
One of the swimming ponds
Another busy morning in Central London.  


 An old haunt from back in the day :)
View from Parliament Hill 


A drift of Forget-Me-Nots like blue snow

An American lady on Hamstead Heath asked me 'What type of duck is that?' which was surprising as asking joggers random wildlife questions (yes I was running at the time) I answered muscovy but I now think it's an adult female mallard. Why it's at the top of the tree has me stumped!


The entrance of Highgate Cemetery, the dead centre of my route!

More coming soon :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sepsis vs Sadler A Week in Hospital

Round 3 / 4 Review

Three days to Chemo C-3