How do all those blues songs go..



How do all those blues songs go..
I woke up one morning...... and read this email:

“Dear Participant,
Following the escalation of coronavirus, we have been taking advice from official bodies, while also working closely with other mass event organisers to understand the situation for the industry, our participants and supporters.
It is with heavy hearts that we have to deliver the disappointing news that the Brighton Marathon Weekend has been postponed until Friday 18th September - Sunday 20th September 2020. (Brighton Marathon, BM10k and BM Ride taking place on Sunday 20th September.)
It is a decision that has not been taken lightly by our team or our colleagues in the running events industry. We as organisers now face considerable challenges as a result.
We apologise profusely to anyone affected by this postponement.
We wholeheartedly appreciate the far reaching impact this change will have on the thousands of you who have trained hard and planned extensively to take part in April 2020.”

Although I'm disappointed I have already achieved this year's stated goal of jogging 26.2 miles this year. My weight is dropping and I've been running for a decade so there's no intention to give up after the Marathon.

My goal now is to keep up the mileage and experiment with Threshold Runs (more later).
I'm trying not to get into the whole time thing and just want to enjoy my runs regardless of length.
There's a whole lot of beautiful plants and views to photograph and it would be a shame not to pause and snap.

My focus now is to get through the coronavirus pandemic in one piece with my family and friends well, my business still running and my counselling training progressing. That could be challenging enough this spring and summer.

I celebrated my first marathon with a new pair of trainers yummmy! And the hotel in Brighton transferred our booking for £250 :-)

So I declare that it's now officially M-190 One hundred and ninety days to go!


JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sepsis vs Sadler A Week in Hospital

Round 3 / 4 Review

Three days to Chemo C-3