Nothing's gone twang or pop yet!



M-45 Friday 6th March.


Quite a week. I've been pushing the numbers with three 13.8 mile runs. 13.1 is a half marathon so not bad but....
If anyone said at the end of 13 miles you're only half way there....

On the plus side nothing's gone twang or pop.
The only real pain is from chafing on my back because I wore a running top with a seam, thank you Nike!
I also had a tooth out on Wednesday (after my run) and its throbbed a bit. The dentist thought I was joking when I ask for the tooth to put under my pillow. She also refused an extra injection to cover the pain of when she presented me with the bill.

I'm working on the principle that if I can frequently manage long distances, then on the day I'll cope with the extra. I'd like to do a full 26.2 miles at least once before so that I have experienced the psychological effects of that time and distance.
The last two runs I've taken a gel pack. For those not in the know, they've taken every food additive from 1974 onwards and pumped it into a clear gel the size of a family sized tube of toothpaste. This then warms up to a disgusting temperature as you run until you suck it empty like an astronaut. It's foul!
The one I've got is in a trendy bright orange pack with a technical looking font. I assume this is in case you drop it. Not only can you easily find it, but you're less likely to accidental pick up a discarded polythene bag of dog poo in case the improvement of flavour damages sales. No I haven't tried the chocolate flavour yet.
I sweat a lot. It's genetic, I could say sweat runs in the family! (You deserve better)
I do loose a lot of water and electrolytes. Electrolytes are like electros but lighter. (That's the sciency bit done) They're just salt!
Anyway, according to some guy on YouTube I'll need to take one of these expensive yuckpacks every seven miles plus a load of water.
There's an irony in the idea that hundred of people will be running along Brighton seafront desperate for salt and water when a few yards away are billions of gallons of saltwater!

Jogging is an interesting experience. Some of the time you're there and other times your mind is completely absent, away with the fairies.
I enjoy both so I've given myself permission to notice the Spring as it unfolds in North London.

Queue pics...

The first is a wild cherry, one of the earliest to bloom and a herald of spring. It's as if snow has been frozen mid air.

Second is a ragtag clump of daffs in Finsbury Park. It's not a great picture and it may reveal traits of narcissism. (that's better) To me they're a bit of cheer at the furthest point of my route.

Finally a selfie of me. I know what i said in the first post but The Nightingale want a pic for their social media.

Note the level of concentration of focussing without the aid of reading glasses and the drips of sweat rolling off my nose. My glorious day-glow Primarnie shimmering into the morning light, more over the hill than Muswell Hill.

If everyone donates enough I'll take it down :-) hint hint.
Please take a mo to visit my justgiving.com page to sponsor me which is a wonderful way to donate to The Nightingale.
   JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sepsis vs Sadler A Week in Hospital

Round 3 / 4 Review

Three days to Chemo C-3